Class will be capped, please sign up early! 2021 dates are posted below.
Come and train with us!
COVID-19 UPDATE - We will be opening up the class to 50 participants. If the orders change and we are not able to host this class, you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
New for 2021! Two levels will be offered!
- Level 1 is for beginners looking to participate in their first triathlon or improve their skills.
- Level 2 is for participants who are comfortable in all three disciplines and looking to improve their performance. Swim workouts will include pacing and speed. Get ready for more challenging bike workouts, including bike pacing and cadence work.
Join a group of other competitors as they train to take on the T-Rex!
The goal of this class is to familiarize participants with the T-Rex Tri course and make it a comfortable environment for beginners & those with experience!
Join us over the summer for this 8 week triathlon course led by experienced triathletes, experienced triathlon coaches and open water swim coaches!
This 8-week program includes workouts and educational clinics on swim, bike, run and transitions. 2 levels of workouts will be offered each week. The classes will be set up where you can switch between Level 1 and Level 2. For example, you are a rock star on the bike and run, but want to little more help on the swim. That night you would choose to stick with Level 1 for the swim and then hit it hard with Level 2 for the bike and run. Make it YOUR workout!
Our coaching staff will help you prepare for your first tri or improve on past performances. This class will have a special focus for preparing athletes for the T-Rex Triathlon on August 25, 2021. Returning or intermediate participants will work on goals for improving their tri-series times or focus on disciplines that need most improvement.
Cost: $160.00 (Plus USAT Membership fees) That's only $20 a class!
Location: Island Lake Recreation Area (MAP) 12950 Grand River Ave. Brighton, MI 48116
Dates: ALL TUESDAY EVENINGS! June 1, June 15, June 29, July 13, July 27, August 3, August 10, and August 24
Time: 6:00PM until we are all done having fun and ready for Taco Tuesday!
- Participants must be 16 years or older.
- Prior experience in swimming is highly recommended.
- This does not include the registration fee for the August T-Rex Triathlon. If participants are planning on registering for the tri they will need to do so before it sells out.
- Each week will build upon the previous week. It should be the participant's intention to attend all 8 weeks.
- Class registration fee is non-refundable.
- The MI DNR Recreation Passport is required for entry into MI State Parks. (MORE INFO)
- This class is sanctioned by the USAT and membership is required for the summer. Proof of membership is required or you can add on to your registration fee.
- All participants must bring a swim flotation device for open water swims outside of the swimming area (See example for purchase HERE!)
Contact us for additional information or questions.