Wednedsay, July 19, 6PM
Island Lake Recreation Area (MAP)
12950 Grand River Ave.
Brighton, MI 48116
The MI DNR Recreation Passport is required for entry into MI State Parks. (MORE INFO)
.5 Mile Swim, 12.4 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
The Bike and Run portions are on ALL PAVED paths!
Please see registration page for price deadlines.
Participants receive a t-shirt, finishers medal and get to enjoy the post race party.
Packet pick-up - NEW!
- NEW FOR 2017!! Early packet pick-up will be held on Tuesday the day before the event from 4:00pm to 7:30pm at ISLAND LAKE STATE PARK! (No packets will be availble at Running Fit Novi in 2017.)
- Race day packet pick-up will be at the race site from 3:30pm – 5:45pm.
- Please note that USAT rules prohibit us from allowing you to pick up a packet for a spouse, neighbor, coworker, friend, sibling, parent or child (18 or over)...ie, you can only pick up your own packet at packet pick-up.
It might be a wet one!
The Head Cretaceous Creature says we’ve never had to cancel an event because of the weather. Rain or shine, we will be there! There will be delays if there is thunder & lightning, but we’ll start eventually…bring a headlamp! As the USAT recommends, if there is lightning within 6 miles of the event, we will postpone the event until we are clear of thunder for at least 30 minutes.
- Individual Event Overall Awards, Men's and Women's
- Individual Event Age Group Awards, 5 deep in 5 year age groups
- T-Rex series Overall Awards, Men's and Women's
- T-Rex series age group awards, 5 deep in 5 year age groups, scored by lowest total points
- CHIP TIMING FOR AGE GROUP AWARDS, GUN TIME FOR OVERALL
Boring Important Stuff
- Please, no headphones on bike and run portion
- Participants will be assigned to waves based on age
- No drafting permitted
- Award calculations for individual events/series are based on age as of Dec 31, 2017
Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wetsuit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wetsuit at their own discretion, provided, however that participants who wear a wetsuit within such temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Above 84 degrees, wetsuits are prohibited.