Island Lake Recreation Area (MAP)
12950 Grand River Ave.
Brighton, MI 48116
Parking/MI Recreation Passport is required for this event!
The Recreation Passport is your ticket to Michigan's state parks and outdoor adventures! Learn more about how to obtain your Recreaction Passport HERE.
.5 Mile Swim, 12.4 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
1.5 Mile Run, 12.4 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
The Bike and Run portions are on ALL PAVED paths for ALL RACES!
Please see registration page for price deadlines.
Participants receive a custom finisher's medal, and get to enjoy the post-race party.
Packet pick-up - RACE DAY ONLY!
- Race day packet pick-up will be at the race site from 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
- Please note that USAT rules prohibit us from allowing you to pick up a packet for a spouse, neighbor, coworker, friend, sibling, parent or child (18 or over)...ie, you can only pick up your own packet at packet pick-up.
It might be a wet one!
The Head Cretaceous Creature says we’ve never had to cancel an event because of the weather. Rain or shine, we will be there! There will be delays if there is thunder & lightning, but we’ll start eventually…bring a headlamp! As the USAT recommends, if there is lightning within 6 miles of the event, we will postpone the event until we are clear of thunder for at least 30 minutes.
- Individual Event Overall Awards, Men's and Women's
- Individual Event Age Group Awards, 3 deep in 5 year age groups
- T-Rex series Overall Awards, Men's and Women's
- T-Rex series age group awards, 3 deep in 5 year age groups, scored by lowest total points for all 4 races
- CHIP TIMING FOR AGE GROUP AWARDS, GUN TIME FOR OVERALL
Boring Important Stuff
- Must be 14 years old to participate.
- Please, no headphones on bike and run portion
- Participants will be assigned to swim waves
- No drafting permitted
- Award calculations for individual events/series are based on age as of Dec 31, 2023
Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wetsuit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wetsuit at their own discretion, provided, however that participants who wear a wetsuit within such temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Above 84 degrees, wetsuits are prohibited.