Wednedsay, July 15, 6PM
Island Lake Recreation Area (MAP)
12950 Grand River Ave.
Brighton, MI 48116
Parking/MI Recreation Passport is required for this event!
The Recreation Passport is your ticket to Michigan's state parks and outdoor adventures! For this event at Pinckney Recreation Area:
- The booth at the Park Entrance will be staffed. Please have cash ready if you do not have a Recreation Passport on your vehicle.
- Michigan Residents: If you have not purchased the Recreation Passport when you renewed your plates, you can purchase a Recreation Passport at the booth for $17.
- Out-of-State Visitors: You will be required to pay the daily permit fee of $9 when enter the park. Please have cash ready. Or, you may purchase an Annual Permit for $34.
.5 Mile Swim, 12.4 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
The Bike and Run portions are on ALL PAVED paths!
Please see registration page for price deadlines.
Participants receive a great triathlon accessory, laser cut steel finisher medal made locally by Detroit Metal Works and get to enjoy the post race party.
Packet pick-up - RACE DAY ONLY!
- Race day packet pick-up will be at the race site from 3:30pm – 5:45pm.
- Please note that USAT rules prohibit us from allowing you to pick up a packet for a spouse, neighbor, coworker, friend, sibling, parent or child (18 or over)...ie, you can only pick up your own packet at packet pick-up.
It might be a wet one!
The Head Cretaceous Creature says we’ve never had to cancel an event because of the weather. Rain or shine, we will be there! There will be delays if there is thunder & lightning, but we’ll start eventually…bring a headlamp! As the USAT recommends, if there is lightning within 6 miles of the event, we will postpone the event until we are clear of thunder for at least 30 minutes.
- Individual Event Overall Awards, Men's and Women's
- Individual Event Age Group Awards, 5 deep in 5 year age groups
- T-Rex series Overall Awards, Men's and Women's
- T-Rex series age group awards, 5 deep in 5 year age groups, scored by lowest total points for all 4 races
- CHIP TIMING FOR AGE GROUP AWARDS, GUN TIME FOR OVERALL
Boring Important Stuff
- Please, no headphones on bike and run portion
- Participants will be assigned to swim waves based on age
- No drafting permitted
- Award calculations for individual events/series are based on age as of Dec 31, 2020
Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wetsuit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wetsuit at their own discretion, provided, however that participants who wear a wetsuit within such temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Above 84 degrees, wetsuits are prohibited.